- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Full-time Permanent role located at our Headquarters at Parramatta
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
To deliver environmental planning, assessments and approvals advice that supports business needs and delivers improved outcomes for the business, customers and the environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake environmental planning, establish approval pathways and prepare assessments in accordance with quality standards, legislative obligations and internal delegations
- Secure appropriate environmental approvals, licences and permits
- Scope, engage and manage the application of specialist technical expertise
- Provide risk tailored environmental advice for senior audiences, drawing upon expertise and established procedures/guidelines
- Apply innovation, continual improvement and knowledge sharing to raise quality and gain efficiency in environmental planning, assessment and approvals practices
- Coach, mentor and provide on-the-job training of less experienced team members.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science/environmental management (or other relevant discipline) and about 7 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Proven experience in environmental planning, environmental impact assessment and environmental approvals for infrastructure development projects
- Proficient identification and implementation of strategies to manage environmental issues in the planning, delivery and/or operation of large civil engineering projects
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Record of successful professional practice within a matrix organisation
- Understanding and experience with major water or other similar infrastructure utility.
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
- Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
- We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.