We are looking for a supplier to develop a framework and arrangements for improved national weeds management and coordination, to:
- reduce the impacts of established weeds
- guide best practice management approaches
- bring together land managers, communities, industry and governments to more effectively manage weeds at national, regional and local scales.
The successful supplier will be responsible for the delivery of three specific tasks (below), and is expected to seek and utilise ongoing in-kind assistance and advice from the Environment and Invasive Committee’s Weeds Working Group (WWG), to deliver this body of work:
- Progressing the revised National Established Weeds Priorities (NEWP) framework
- Refine and finalise a NEWP framework following public consultation, feedback and advice from the WWG, to ensure alignment with the Framework for the Management of Established Pests and Diseases of National Significance.
- Consult and work with stakeholders on the draft framework.
- Seek Environment and Invasives Committee endorsement of the finalised NEWP framework.
- Best practice tools, information and research for nationally significant weeds
- Develop and extend three new Weeds of National Significance best practice manuals and revise two manuals.
- Future design of National Established Weeds Coordination
- A report detailing a proposed national approach to enhance the future coordination and management of priority established weeds and weed issues that will implement the NEWP framework; detail a communication plan for the NEWP framework; and plan for the future coordination and management of priority established weeds and weeds issues, based on the framework.