About the business
Biodiversity Australia is an Indigenous owned, leading Australian Environmental Management Consulting Business focused on building sustainable partners, economic management and ecological balance.
Our head office is located on the northern Gold Coast with regional offices in Chinchilla, Port Macquarie, North Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
About the opportunity
Due to company growth, we have opportunities available for experienced and passionate Bush Regeneration Team Members and a Team Leader who will be responsible for delivering the on ground works within a variety of exciting projects across the North Queensland Region.
To be successful in either role, you will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Providing knowledge and labour to the environmental regeneration process, including best practice for weed control and planting
- Assist in on-ground work including, tree removal, brush cutting / spraying pest flora, hand weeding, watering vegetation and site clean-up where required, while ensuring OHS standards are satisfied
- Formulate positive working relationships with new and existing clients by being the point of contact for our clients while on site
- Attend administration meetings and specific training to enhance skills where required
- Provide all administration work in requested timeframes i.e. timesheets
- Ensure that all works are carried out in a safe and environmentally-sound manner, and escalate perceived problems as they arise
- General maintenance and servicing of small plant machinery
- Follow recommended dress codes for each site to ensure OHS requirements are met and Biodiversity Australia is well presented to clients and the public
To be successful in this role, you will have experience on sites with a high safety standard and encompass a great safety culture. In addition, you will have:
- Relevant field experience and/or qualifications in Conservation and Land Management
- Qualification in chemical application (ACDC) and General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and running sites is essential if applying for the Team Leader position
- Field experience in identification of vegetation and recognition of important field species
- Ability to service and maintain small plant machinery such as brush cutters, boat engines etc.
- Experience with equipment operation such as pumps, chainsaws, brush-cutters etc. is desirable
- Current drivers licence, White Card and First Aid Certificate
- You must have the flexibility to work away when required