Southern Pacific Sands are a leading material supplier of sand and concrete products in South-east Queensland. Over the last 25 years we have established ourselves as a reputable and successful wholesale supplier.
We are looking to welcome a full time Environment & Quality Officer to join our Ningi operation, near Bribie Island.
The opportunity is suited to a self-motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking person who is capable of a physically demanding role while maintaining timeliness and professionalism. While mainly focusing on environmental management of the site, the successful candidate will be expected to fulfil obligations in our product testing laboratory as required.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Routine environmental monitoring including surface/ground water and particulate matter.
- Obtain and prepare environmental samples for external analysis.
- Interpret, analyse and report results.
- Undertake nursery stock propagation and production
- Plan and implement natural area restoration including site preparation, planting and maintenance.
- Undertake Landscape Function Analysis as part of ongoing rehabilitation monitoring.
- Manage, implement and update weed management program.
- Undertake a range of environmental duties on the site including spill clean-up, waste management, landscaping, GIS mapping and environmental auditing.
- Sampling and analysis of sales products including production monitoring and stockpile checks.
- Input and analyse data to develop an understanding of stocked products
- Assist in management of sales and customer requests.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Safety first approach and awareness
- Fit & healthy- role entails strong, physical tasks in sometimes demanding conditions
- Open, professional communication skills and digital literacy (MS Excel etc)
- Manual driver’s license very beneficial (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience in revegetation/ nursery work/ mine work is desired
- Independent work ethic- ideal candidate will initiate & carry out individual and team tasks
- ACDC License and/or chainsaw training and experience desired
- Good understanding of native and exotic plants and/or plant identification techniques
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management are desirable