Enviro-dynamics is a growing environment consultancy specialising in a wide range of environmental consulting and natural resource management projects. We are looking to add a full time experienced, motivated environmental consultant to our team.
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Ecology and/or Environmental Science or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 5+ years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
Skills and Knowledge, you’ll bring to our team:
- Extensive experience undertaking ecological surveys with well-developed flora and fauna field ID skills.
- Experience in preparing environmental reports such as natural values impact assessments, weed management plans, rehabilitation plans and bushfire risk management plans. Ideally you will be a certified bushfire practitioner or have at least provisional certification.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies. A strong familiarity with the Tasmania and local government planning scheme provisions is a distinct advantage.
- Strong organisational, time and project management skills.
- Ability to write succinct, well structed reports.
- GPS and GIS experience (QGIS preferred).
We offer a fantastic working environment
- Very flexible working hours.
- Professional learning and development opportunities.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Loads of not for profit conservation activities to be involved in.
- Community fundraising events and a focus on contributing to positive landscape change.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Work in a fast-paced experienced team.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees and directors.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
- Be involved with practical projects that make a real difference.
Enviro-dynamics is a team of environmental scientists who specialise in landscape management. Our broad range of skills cover delivery of natural resource management, environmental impact assessment and ecological research and development. We work with a wide range of clients including primary producers, industry, state and local government, NRM organisations, NGOs and private landholders.
- We believe in profit for purpose. We are driven by seeing our work contribute to positive change in the landscape for people and the environment.
- We think on a landscape scale. We understand the connections between plants, animals and ecosystems and that people are an intrinsic part of those landscapes.
- We are curious and bold. Now is the time to act, to take initiative, to be fearless in finding solutions for complex problems.
- We are super-communicators. We speak everyone’s language, removing jargon, complexity, myths and doubt – the bridge between science and people.
- Our enthusiasm rubs off. Our enthusiasm inspires our clients that work with us to create positive change.