Greening Australia is a national, action orientated, environmental enterprise with a mission to conserve and restore landscapes at scale through collaborative, science-based and innovative conservation programs. We work collaboratively with a broad range of significant partners to plan, develop and deliver scalable solutions for tackling some of the biggest environmental challenges facing Australia.
We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate the theory of shared value into practice – integrating society, environment and financial benefits into our core business – designing and delivering on ground win / win solutions.
Our projects include:
- improving farm productivity using proven regenerative agriculture methods;
- storing CO2 emissions through biodiverse carbon offsetting;
- conserving Australian biodiversity through innovative and large-scale approaches to restoration; and
- supporting Traditional Owners and Indigenous organisations to heal, restore and manage land, including delivery of conservation and land management training.
We pride ourselves on finding creative ways to generate lasting positive impact the country.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and multi-talented Project Manager to join our team as we scale up our conservation impact through planning and delivery of strategic biodiversity and carbon projects with our customers.
Your role as Project Manager will see you overseeing the delivery of a range of projects across Australia within the Great Southern Landscapes program. You can be based in either of our state offices in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide and will be responsible for overseeing the full project life cycle from initiation to closure across Australia.
You will have the ability to think creatively about project delivery while adhering to robust change management principles. You have a working understanding of at least one project management methodology and have a wealth of experience in successful project delivery and relationship management with corporate clients. You will have a background in managing biodiverse carbon sequestration and/or sustainability projects.
Requirements to be successful
- Minimum seven years industry and/or consulting experience as a Project Manager with experience in carbon sequestration, biodiversity offsets or environmental/sustainability projects;
- Tertiary degree qualified in biology, ecology, environmental science/management, or similar[DT1];
- Qualifications in a project management methodology (Agile, PRINCE2, PMBOK);
- Willingness to travel;
- Demonstrated competency in planning and delivery of large and/or complex carbon sequestration, environmental or social projects;
- Experience in successfully delivering large, multi-million dollar programs to corporate clients;
- Excellent resource planning skills;
- Focus on continuous improvement both within projects and the wider GA project delivery framework;
- Ability to manage a project autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills including report writing;
- Desirable: Current and well-developed knowledge of environmental offsets (carbon and/or biodiversity).
- Proposal development and tender writing;
- Developing partnerships and creating new business opportunities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and liaison with clients and partners, including the mining and infrastructure sectors, environment and NRM, local and state government and relevant consultants/researchers.
- Excellent project budgeting and financial management;
- Skilled at writing detailed project financial reports for both internal stakeholders and customers;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-million dollar budgets while allowing for change;
- Desirable: a working understanding of NAV Dynamics as a financial management tool.
Leadership, team work and engagement
- Passion and commitment – hungry to make a difference!
- Effective, collaborative communication skills;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships and working partnerships;
- Ability to work autonomously and coach other staff;
- Innovative thinker who forms creative solutions to problems;
- Incredible eye for detail and ability to drive project outcomes.
- A role that delivers impact and generates a lasting environmental legacy for Australia;
- Flexible working arrangements and other leave benefits;
- Vibrant culture;
- Independent, self-managed role.