Greening Australia is Australia's largest environmental enterprise and after 37 years in business we are growing, scaling up and creating more on ground impacts to the Australian environment than ever. We tackle Australia's biggest environmental challenges with the best science and the best people, who work with all sectors of the economy to return life to landscapes.
From restoring Tasmania as an Island Ark, implementing large scale restoration activities across the southern Australian agricultural belt as part of the Great Southern Landscape program to improving the health of the Great Barrier Reef, we are working to create healthy, productive landscapes where people and nature thrive. We are restoring Australia with 120 staff in 25 different locations and our teams will have more impact on the environment in one year than most will do in a lifetime.
Things we do
- We develop carbon offsetting projects which sequester CO2 emissions through biodiverse revegetation.
- We work with Traditional Owners, Indigenous organisations, farmers and local communities to foster land rehabilitation, build capacity and generate lasting positive impacts across the country.
- We measurably improve Tasmania’s agricultural landscapes through integration of native vegetation into productive farming systems.
- Through research and innovation our projects enhance the resilience of Tasmanian ecosystems against climate change.
- We create habitat that is home to 14 threatened species in Tasmania and engage the community through educational programs to protect such habitats and make a positive difference to nature.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced environmental leader with a strong science-based and business development approach to operational leadership.
- You translate science into operational excellence.
- You are a thought leader, a motivator and real pragmatist with strong on-ground experience in revegetation.
- You are an innovator and have a fondness for creativity and have experience in business development, and you thrive in the pursuit of turning ideas into action.
- As the Operations Lead, you will have a science degree, > 10 years of fast paced industry and business experience and have acquired significant professional business acumen.
- You will lead and further develop an established technically strong team of environmental professionals in Tasmania servicing customers from the commercial and government sectors.
- Minimum Tertiary degree in environmental science/ management/ horticulture (or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in safety leadership
- Sound project and business management skills
- Track record in the establishment and maintenance of commercial partnerships
- High level experience in budget preparation, resource planning and financial analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to drive change management
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License
- Australian Citizen or Resident
Benefits working for Greening Australia
- A role that generates environmental legacies
- Independent, self-managed role within a vibrant team in our sustainability award winning office
- Flexible work arrangements
- Above industry leave and salary benefits