Assist with the implementation of fuel reduction activities, including fuel reduction burning and other activities related to bushfire risk mitigation.
- Meet the Cognitive Ability and Psychological requirements of the TFS
- The Head of the State Service has determined that a person nominated for appointment is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. Any relevant serious criminal offence within the previous five years or repeated serious offences over any period, which are not mitigated by additional information, may provide grounds for declining an application for appointment. Such offences would include, but are not limited to:
- Arson and fire setting;
- Sexual offences;
- Dishonesty (e.g. theft, burglary, breaking and entering, fraud);
- Deception (e.g. obtaining an advantage by deception);
- Making false declarations;
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person;
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Trafficking of narcotic substance;
- False alarm raising.
- Certificate II in Public Safety (fire-fighting operations)/capacity to undertake Certificate II Public Safety
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Full C Driver’s Licence