Greening Australia is Australia's largest environmental enterprise and after 37 years in business we are growing, scaling up and creating more on ground impacts to the Australian environment than ever. We tackle Australia's biggest environmental challenges with the best science and the best people, who work with all sectors of the economy to return life to landscapes.
From restoring Tasmania as an Island Ark, implementing large scale restoration activities across the southern Australian agricultural belt to improving the health of the Great Barrier Reef, we are working to create healthy, productive landscapes where people and nature thrive. We are restoring Australia with 120 staff in 25 different locations and our teams will have more impact on the environment in one year than most will do in a lifetime.
Things we do
- We develop carbon offsetting projects which sequester CO2 emissions through biodiverse revegetation.
- We work with Traditional Owners, Indigenous organisations, farmers and local communities to foster land rehabilitation, build capacity and generate lasting positive impacts across the country.
- Our project design is science based and delivered by technical experts to achieve sustainable outcomes at scale and on mission.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced environmental leader with a science-based approach to operational leadership and excellence.
- You are a thought leader, a motivator and real pragmatist with strong on-ground experience and a fondness for business development and you thrive in the pursuit of making a difference.
- As Operations Lead, you will have a science or horticultural degree, > 10 years of fast paced industry and business experience and have acquired significant professional business acumen.
- You will lead and further develop an established and technically strong team of environmental professionals in Victoria servicing customers from the commercial and government sectors.
- Minimum Tertiary degree in environmental science/ management/horticulture (or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in safety leadership
- High level experience in budget preparation, resource planning and financial analysis
- Sound project and business management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Track record in the establishment and maintenance of commercial partnerships
- Be able to drive change management
- Willingness to travel
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License
- Australian Citizen or Resident
Benefits working for Greening Australia
- A role that generates environmental legacies
- Independent, self-managed role within a vibrant team environment
- Flexible work arrangements a possibility
- Above industry leave and salary benefits