ICT International is the world leader in research, design, manufacture and application of soil moisture, plant science and environmental monitoring instrumentation.
The company’s expertise in the application of environmental, scientific and agricultural instrumentation is based on over 35 years of commercial and research experience. The company has a strong national and international customer base dealing with the leading research scientists, environmental professionals and commercial agricultural/horticultural managers around the world.
We are seeking a person who has excellent communication skills, a strong scientific/environmental tertiary background, business/sales characteristics and good people skills to work autonomously within the ICT International team. It is mandatory that the person also speaks Portuguese (Spanish is desirable) and English, since the key focus of this position is to develop the market in South America, specifically in Brazil.
- Compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources;
- Acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions;
- Visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities;
- Understanding customers' monitoring objectives and assist them to develop monitoring solutions;
- Understanding customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management;
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders;
- Arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services;
- Reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services;
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising;
- Preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred. Reports based on Company’s KPI (Key Performance Indicators;
- Deploy instrumentation for monitoring native and agricultural tree water use and tree stress;
- Test data communication platforms, instrument configurations and signal strength – telemetry, IoT.
- Knowledge of Latin America Scientific instrumentation market, especially Brazilian market;
- Experience in South America scientific instrumentation market (particularly Brazil);
- Experience in sales of devices to measure plant physiology: sapflow meters, plant water potential meter, photosynthesis analyzer, dataloggers, soil moisture meter, etc;
- Experience of at least 5 years in the referred market;
- Experience in closing deals involving particularities of Brazilian Research Foundations such as FAPESP, CNPq, FAPEMIG and FAPEAM;
- Knowledge of Brazilian private market including companies related to Forestry, Agribusiness (Sugar Cane, Soybean, Corn, Coffee and Cotton), possible dealers and business partners (also desirable to have connections to other Latin America possible dealers);
- Knowledge/experience with the use and application of forest/plant science instrumentation;
- Local Sales in Australia will also be required;
- Knowledge/interest in instrumentation, electronics, data logging and IoT platforms;
- Language: English (native or over score 6 on IELTs, if non-native), Portuguese (fluent or native). Spanish – desirable;
- Practical common sense;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- High level computer literacy skills;
- Proactive with advanced organizational office skills, initiative and the ability to work independently within the ICT International team.
- Training will be provided in regard to the specialist forest, plant and environmental instrumentation manufactured by ICT International.
- Relevant degree or higher degree in forestry, environmental or agricultural science, with a focus on forest or plant science.
- Desirable: MBA related to business administration.