Join a specialised boutique environmental planning and law team with second-to-none opportunity for professional growth and exposure to major projects.
With a focus on energy, resources, infrastructure, planning and traditional development, EPS is a boutique environmental and property economics consultancy that provides considerable capability and industry experience across the complete project development life cycle.
Advising companies, private individuals, all tiers of government and funding agencies across Australia, we pride ourselves on delivering triple bottom line solutions for our clients’ projects.
With a number of exciting major projects on the go, EPS seeks an experienced and motivated professional with a growth mindset to join our Hunter based Planning and Law team.
You will assist the EPS Planning and Law team by providing technical environmental planning advice and GIS analysis and mapping across a variety of projects, including SSD/SSI renewable energy (solar/wind), waste and resource recovery, infrastructure (road/rail/water) and broader strategic and statutory town planning projects within urban and rural environments.
Main duties will include:
- Prepare and lodge environmental impact assessments and complex development applications under State (NSW, SA, Qld focused) and Federal legislation;
- Create, edit, manage and present spatial information using ArcGIS Desktop software;
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including clients, project teams, local communities and government agencies;
- Prepare a broad range of written communications including proposals and costings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with internal EPS teams to understand relevant planning, environmental, legal, socio-economic and other issues;
- Client and task management of small to medium project portfolios to deliver outcomes on time and on budget;
- Work independently with initiative to deliver outcomes with limited direction, and with an ability to respond flexibly to competing priorities;
- Commit to a rigorous approach to training and professional development
What do we offer?
- Flexibility around current or future formal education;
- A commitment to ongoing personal training and career development;
- Exposure to an exceptionally wide range of projects, under the guidance of a Director/Project Manager; and
- A supportive team environment where you will contribute to the success of local, regional and major projects across Australia
A salary package commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the right person. All applications will be treated with strict confidence.
Who are we looking for?
To be considered for this position, please address the following in your application:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Planning or related discipline;
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in:
- Environmental impact assessment including sound knowledge of relevant State (NSW, SA, Qld preferred) and Federal environmental legislation and policy; and
- Spatial analysis using ArchGIS Desktop software including the extraction, presentation and delivery of spatial datasets;
- Strong researching, organisation and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent Microsoft applications skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc;
- Demonstrated ability to write well, with a high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely;
- A team player with a solutions focus who will contribute to an excellent existing organisational culture.
- If this sounds like you, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A covering letter (max. 1 page, provided as both PDF and .doc);
- A current CV which highlights three (3) key projects worked on in the past two years, including an overview of your assigned roles and responsibilities;
- A recent media article about a planning, environmental or spatial related issue that interests you; and
- A brief explanation (max 250 words) outlining your perspective on the media article.