This position is a senior project role as part of the NGH team. You are required to have 5 to 10 years’ experience. This position can be part time or full time depending on the applicant.
This exciting senior role involves the management of the delivery of environmental impact assessment and construction environmental management projects from NGH’s Newcastle office. You will be working on a wide variety of projects, including renewable energy (solar, wind), road and rail infrastructure, water delivery infrastructure and urban and rural development.
You will use your experience in NSW environment and planning legislation with your leadership skills to manage teams of internal specialists, to deliver projects. You will also manage specialist subconsultants across a wide range of disciplines.
You will write and oversee the preparation of reports, liaise with clients and provide costings in collaboration with other team members. You will use your experience to deliver a high standard of quality and ethics and to justify your decisions against relevant legislative and policy criteria. This pivotal role provides the core services of our company.
Supervisor: Fiona McKay, Manager Hunter & North Coast.
What’s on offer
- Work on renewable energy projects in diverse landscapes
- Mentoring and support from industry leaders
- Participation in a successful and growing business
- Energetic and friendly team culture
- Flexible work arrangements including flex time
- Generous training budget
- EAP Program
- Ethical client base
- Manage project teams which may include in-house technical staff (e.g. ecologists, heritage officers) or external sub consultants (e.g. acoustic, contaminated sites)
- Manage projects within cost, time and quality objectives
- Prepare environmental impact assessment documents under State and Federal legislation
- Prepare environmental management documents such as CEMPs, ESCPs, EMS’s
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, including government agencies
- Prepare proposals and costings
- Administer projects in accordance with NGH’s management systems
- Implement the subcontractor management process, manage subcontractors effectively and assist/support administration staff in the collection of subcontractor documentation
- Participate in the WHS consultation process by contributing to WHS discussion including risk identification and controls and cooperation and coordination with all duty holders who share WHS responsibilities
To be considered for this position, please address the following in your application:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering or Natural Resource Management
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in environmental impact assessment and or environmental management in Australia
- Ability to build and nurture client relationships
- Ability to manage budgets and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead and direct junior staff
- Sound knowledge of relevant NSW and Federal environmental legislation and policy
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of WHS responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant WHS training
- Drivers licence