- Attractive and competitive salary package
- Central West NSW location
- Progressive environmental management business
Due to our rapidly expanding work commitments, OzArk Environment & Heritage are seeking to expand the ecology team and are seeking expressions of interest for the roles of Senior Ecologist and Ecologist to join our dynamic and friendly team.
These positions are both challenging and rewarding, well-suited to individuals who are motivated self-starters possessing a ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach to teamwork.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a fulfilling career with a progressive Dubbo-based environmental management business that can provide you with the additional benefit of enjoying a country lifestyle and better work–life balance while living in a thriving regional city.
Core tasks will include biodiversity impact assessments, ecological monitoring, review of environmental factors, biodiversity management plans, CEMPs and tendering. Our project sectors include public infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, rural land development, as well as some research and conservation projects.
What we can offer:
- The ability to gain skills towards career progression through having full involvement in projects from inception to report delivery;
- On-site training where required; and
- A friendly and flexible working environment with a strong collaborative and ethical base, and great workplace values.
To apply for these positions, you must have:
- A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results;
- The desire to live in Dubbo;
- Practical experience in ecological fieldwork, including the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method, and presentation of findings (report writing);
- Strong flora and fauna identification skills;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and manage projects including scheduling, prioritising and delivering on-time and on-budget, and face to face client consultation;
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional association;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation;
- NSW BAM assessor accreditation or ability to obtain;
- Be prepared to spend time in the field, sometimes in remote locations, and work flexible hours to meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A current New South Wales Driver’s License (manual licence) and able to drive for long distances;
- High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office; and
- Experience in the use of GIS software and the management of spatial data.
Desirable skills / abilities include
- A minimum of two years’ experience (Ecologist) or 10 years’ experience (Senior Ecologist) in environmental consulting or the public sector;
- Fauna survey and/or animal handling experience or training;
- Experience in all standard Microsoft Office computer programs and industry specific programs including GIS;
- 4WD driving skills;
- Construction Induction (White Card); and
- First Aid certification.
For more information, or to apply, click 'View details' below.