Attractive and competitive salary package
- Central West NSW location
- Progressive environmental management business
Due to our rapidly expanding work commitments OzArk Environmental & Heritage Management are seeking to expand the ecology team and are seeking expressions of interest for the roles of Ecologist and/or a Senior Ecologist to join our dynamic and friendly team. This position is both challenging and rewarding; well-suited for an individual who is a motivated self-starter possessing a ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach to teamwork.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a fulfilling career with a progressive Dubbo-based environmental management business that can provide you with the additional benefit of enjoying a country lifestyle and better work–life balance in a thriving regional city.
Core tasks will include biodiversity impact assessments, ecological monitoring, review of environmental factors, biodiversity management plans, CEMPs and tendering. Our project sectors include public infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, rural land development, as well as some research and conservation projects.
What we can offer:
- The ability to gain skills towards career progression through having full involvement in projects from inception to report delivery;
- On-site training where required; and
- A friendly and flexible working environment with a strong collaborative and ethical base, and great workplace values.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- A degree in environmental science, biology, ecology or related discipline with good academic results;
- The desire to live in Dubbo
- Practical experience in ecological fieldwork and presentation of findings (report writing);
- Strong flora and fauna identification skills;
- Ability to ability to deal with multiple priorities and manage projects including scheduling, prioritising and delivering on-time and on-budget, and face to face client consultation;
- Be eligible for membership of a relevant professional association;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of NSW environmental legislation, such as the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016, Environmental Planning and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979,Fisheries Management Act 1994, Biosecurity Act 2015 (NSW) and other government policies/guidelines;
- Be prepared to spend time in the field, sometimes in remote locations; and
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, especially for field work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A current New South Wales Driver’s License (manual licence) and able to drive for long distances;
- High level computing skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and GIS.
Desirable skills / abilities include
- A minimum of two years of experience (Ecologist) and 10 years of experience (Senior Ecologist) in environmental consulting or the public sector;
- Fauna survey and/or animal handling experience or training;
- BioBanking accreditation and experience in biodiversity offsetting;
- Experience in all standard Office computer programs and industry specific programs including GIS;
- 4WD driving skills; and
- First Aid certification
For more information, or to apply, click 'View details' below.