About the business and the role
Naturecall Environmental is a "cradle to grave" Environment Management Company working within all disciplines of environmental management.
Naturecall Environmental is looking for an experienced person in natural resource project management and team coordination to complement our organisation in the role of Operations Manager for our Vegetation Management Unit.
The position is based in South East Queensland, but you may occasionally be required to travel to job sites Australia-wide for work requests of varying duration.
Immediate start available.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Supervise and mentor the team engaged in all vegetation management projects (ranging from Roadside and Linear Infrastructure Weed Management to bushland regeneration and natural landscape development and management, across a broad range of related projects;
- Ensure that multiple concurrent projects are coordinated to meet client's time, quality and cost expectations and ensure the maintenance of internal standards of project management and systematic control; and
- Uphold the Naturecall core values and commitment to finding solutions that exactly meet our client's needs.
This role balances office and field work requirements as necessary (with recognition that works need to be planned, coordinated, organised and to, supervised (to ag degree necessary to ensure quality delivery). Roles and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Project management, advance resourcing, rostering, scheduling and field team deployment;
- Safety leadership, ensuring safe and compliant operations on all work fronts and that a healthy safety culture exists in the Vegetation Management Team;
- Client communications;
- Internal and external reporting;
- Active participation in, and supervision of on ground activities;
- Supervise deployment of teams (from the Gold Coast office), to ensure timely and efficient operations;
- Supervise the day to day operation and maintenance of the Gold Coast Warehouse, to ensure all chemicals and equipment are cleaned and stored to all relevant internal and external (legally compliant) standards;
- Contribute to the training/mentoring of field staff
- Management of field equipment (ensuring all personnel have the equipment they need to do the job);
- Co-ordination of staff and subcontractors to ensure delivery of a professional quality final product (on time and in budget);
- Plan resource requests (staff and equipment) in consultation with relevant Unit Business Manager in advance of requirement;
- Work within budgets and time frames set by the Business Manager - Vegetation Management Unit;
- To produce high quality written project documentation and confident verbal communication;
- Assist in data compilation and analysis, interpretation of results, and compilation of information for reporting; and
- To produce (and coordinate the production of) high quality written client reports;
- Assist in the development of new business opportunities and Vegetation Management Team capability;
- Ensure all internal audits and maintenance checks are completed on a scheduled basis (for all Vegetation Management Team operation, equipment and supplies).
- Operate within Naturecall's ISO accredited Integrated Management System.
Qualifications, Experience and Licenses
The Team Member we are looking for will have all of the following qualifications and experience:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in vegetation management, natural resource management, horticulture or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in the horticultural, forestry and/or vegetation management industry;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in forestry or horticultural project management and team coordination (rostering / performance evaluations etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities on a range of project sizes;
- Excellent identification and management skills of invasive and declared pest species;
- Demonstrated ability to lead project operations and to drive teams and contractors to achieve work targets;
- ACDC License and Commercial Operator's License (for ground distribution of herbicides);
- Demonstrated ability with equipment operation and maintenance (pumps, chainsaws, brush-cutters etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation;
- Physically fit, motivated and capable of working in challenging environments;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Open Manual Driver Licence; and
- General Construction Induction White Card (previously Blue Card).
- Ability to conduct field-based vegetation survey, data collection and reporting;
- Relevant chainsaw qualifications;
- 4WD experience and training;
- Previous experience with the Department of Defence;
Skills and Requirements
These include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for project-based Quality Control, Occupational Health and Safety obligations and safe Environmental Management.
- Ability to work within an ISO certified Integrated Management System;
- Ability to perform a wide variety of bush regeneration techniques;
- Ability to safely and effectively utilise a wide range of tools and equipment;
- Ability to arrive at designated work sites (or the office) to commence work;
- Ability to work safely and responsibly with a range of industry-related chemicals;
- Willingness to work within other divisions / other duties.
- Knowledge of (or the ability to acquire knowledge of) relevant legislation to the Business Unit;
- Strong leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and negotiation skills; and
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
For contact and application details, click 'View details' below.